Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I like food.
I am a food snob.
I posted a picture of eggs benedict on my websight.
Recently I was in Nova Scotia (Most of you have met Britter on Myspace:))
Her mom was a fantastic cook. We had fresh seafood a couple of times and it was sooo simple, et Im not sure I could do it myself.
BUT!
In my desperation, I turned to simple food.
On the train on the way home we had a baguette broken with turkey brie and basil.
Thats it
Just bread with a hunk of turkey, a squish of brie and a few leaves of basil.
it was delicious..
So we explored more..
Goat cheese on digestive cookies (sans chocolat) covered in either cranberries and cinnamon, or the "herb blend" which turned out to be mostly basil (mmmmm my fav).
I dont have a picture right now, but Im sure you can imagine, anf frankly Im not sure how many people would want to look at a pcture of a sandwich or crackers and cheese.
On a side note, that train ride led to Belleville, whch was heavenly, and eventually to Pearson International Airport... which was slightly less wonderful.
Fortunately, however, in 31 days it will become a better place.
Till then
Justin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hun...

Sandwiches and goat cheese & digestives were in fact wonderful...especially shared with you.

Superlatively

~m said...

mmmm . . . food. you always make it sounds yummy.

kattykatty said...

oh you romantic, you...